2nd IAH-CEG CONFERENCE
GROUNDWATER RISK ASSESSEMENT IN URBAN AREAS
- GRAUA -
October 14th-16th, 2015
In scientific partnership with
The UNIVERSITY of BUCHAREST
Faculty of GEOLOGY and GEOPHYSICS
Be welcome to our meeting!
is the most important natural resource of the earth
at the moment,
ANTHROPOGENIC PRESSURE IS GREATEST:
- groundwater is used for water supply
- groundwater is drained from the ore deposits
- groundwater is polluted by industrial waste landfills
- groundwater is drained from the foundation of civil engineering
- groundwater is polluted by acid rain
- groundwater is heated by geothermic heating system.
Although groundwater is renewable groundwater is ... vulnerable and all must take care of it.
Who uses groundwater and who should take care of groundwater?
All those using groundwater must take care of groundwater!
Who knows how to take care of groundwater?
All professional associations of hydrogeologists in the world devote all their work to protect groundwater. Gates of our associations are open to all specialists involved in the use of groundwater. We must learn from specialists to protect groundwater. Principles that we promote for groundwater protection are based on understanding the geological ambience in which water moves underground.
We must pay more attention to those who are attracted to groundwater only for immediate profit.
Wrong design of a landfill or a groundwater supply can compromise an aquifer for hundreds of years!