The science of nature, HYDROGEOLOGY was born of restless thinking, in constant pendulum between observation and hypothesis, thinking trying to explain everything with the ultimate goal of being able to do everything. Science of nature, HYDROGEOLOGY has three functions through which it achieves its objectives:
- descriptive function: WHAT HAPPENS?
- the explanatory function: HOW DOES IT WORK?
- the restructuring function: COULD IT ALSO HAPPEN?
Corresponding to the three functions HYDROGEOLOGY is divided into three important subdivisions:
- GENERAL HYDROGEOLOGY
- WHAT is happening with GROUNDWATER?
- QUANTITATIVE HYDROGEOLOGY
- HOW is flowing GROUNDWATER?
- APPLIED HYDROGEOLOGY
- what else could happen to the GROUNDWATER?